¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Opening games - suggesting pace

Enviado por Sanjuro 
Sorry, I can't speak any spanish, which as regret as it's so beautiful a language (I must learn it before I die). Anyhow I'll post in english.

First, I'd like to thank the team for maintaining this site. It looks pretty good and close to the game rules, good job guys!

Now, if I may suggest some potential improvement:

I've noted that players tend to play at very different paces, which can be frustrating when you join a game and discover you play arround one turn a week . On the other hand players are perfectly in their right to play a slow game if it's their wish, especially if we play transatlantic.

Sometimes people open games with names such as "una rapidilla" "fast 5" etc. but it's not very clear what is considered as "fast" in an asynchronous environment.

When we create a game could we specify a suggested timeframe, for instance:

- Fast : Once the game starts players commit to stay on line and play quasi real time
- Snappy : Players commit to answer within the hour

- Normal : Players commit to answer within the day

- No limit : Players connect from time to time and play if it's their turn...

I'd like to see other players' advice or feedback on this topic

Re: Opening games - suggesting pace
04-March-2005 15:47
It's a good initiative, but my experience tell me that the people aren't going to respect it...

Achiles(X)
04-March-2005 16:03
Its quite difficult to adhere to something like that. The best advice I can give is to join loads of games (that way you are always close to finishing one or more of them), or play with friends if you want close to real time games (ie call them and arrange for one of those snappy/fast games).

In my experience even being in the same house with two computers and playing 'hot seat' it still takes far longer than the actual card game.

Your suggestion is a good one but I doubt it will work (real life happens).
04-March-2005 22:31
The only way for that to work is that the Responsivity Indicator is enforced, that is, you can't join a game if your RI isn't low enough to meet the requirement.
But as Achiles wisely said long ago, can't be taken as a mesure of your 'Online Status', becouse when you go on vacations it increases a to much.

Another option would be to count the number of times you visit the page in during a day (only counting different hours), as oposed to the time it takes you to take your turn since it's yours, wich is how the RI is currently calculated.
That measure woudn't be riuned by being away, wouldn't it?

----
Loise: No pasa nada Superman. No es culpa tuya. El sistema funciona así, no puedes hacerte cargo de los problemas de todos.
Superman: Podría hacerme cargo de los problemas de todos si gobernara este país. Y a decir verdad, no hay ninguna buena razón por la que no debiera hacerlo.
Superman Red Son

09-March-2005 16:25
Good suggestion Kynes, I like it. See what the Big Kahuna says.
sanjuro
13-March-2005 22:25
Sorry, Drx, after trying to play over the week-end. I still think it's pretty difficult not to adhere to something like this. I've opened ****loads of games, and joined as many... And my turn came about five times over the week-end.

I really think the site would benefit from the capability to suggest a pace at game opening... I mean suggest, not enforce...I know reality happens, but after all we're all here to share and enjoy the same hobby, so why would anyone join a fast game if they know they're not able to stand up to their committment.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar