¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Limit the number of game per player

Enviado por Osten 
Hi,

The major problem with a web game is the time needed to finish a game. I think i will be quicker if each players cannot participate to more than 50 games.
Some players curently playing over 250 games !!!!
merremec
Re: Limit the number of game per player
01-April-2005 18:36
The fact is that those players who are playing lots of games usually are the quicker ones, because they are who spend most time here (quite often entire days). I am participatg currently in about 120 games and I play many times a day, and there is people in 10 games who play once or twice a week, so I don ´t think there is a relation among both things.
04-April-2005 12:06
Osten, by my experience, I can say, that the players with 50, 60, 70 games and more, always used to finish their games, but I can´t say the same about players with 5 or 6 games.
In my case I use to play in 70 games + -, and all my games are , and I don´t understand why someone can decide for my, how much games I can play.
04-April-2005 15:16
I am the slow player example; and as I know I can not play every day I try not to joing to many, so when I have a few minutes to play I can finish all my outstanding turns.

YO QUIERO BAILAR!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Malditos conductores de autob?s... mira que darme un golpe en el coche!!!!
Ok, my english is bad so I will try to explain clairly my point.

Imagine a player with 200 games. He connected and have to play in 60 games. He can't play all his game. So perhaps he play 20 or 30 games and disconnected.
He play the last 30 the next days... To me, that's slow a lot the game.

But that was just a suggestion. I don't think that limit to 100 games is really "boring" for big players... That's not an agressive post. smiling smiley
Just an idea to quick the game.

See you on board !
Sanjuro
05-April-2005 08:10
Osten, I agree with you, we have a big problem as some games can be VERY slow!

However, I think we have to look elsewhere if we want to solve this.

Believe me, I've been playing with Matilda when she had 150+ games opened (my deepest respects, Ô Matilda, my dear Lady of Magic...) and she proved very responsive.

On the other hand, my slowest games have been with poeple with 6-7 games opened who joined, played one turn and disapeared for over two weeks...

I am very frustrated at being totally unable to set fast games from times to times except with poeple I know. Currently any game will always as fast...
...as the slowest person who elects to join. I think two things could improve communication between players and avoid frustations such as yours that I've seen expressed more than once on this board and share:

- 1: Ability to set expectations from start: state when you create a game what kind of pace you are expecting, so that people can join the type of game they like...
- 2: Improving game etiquette... Players who will be unavailable for some time should probably warn other players, we could even have some standardized multi lingal messages such as "I will be out untill xxxx" for people who have difficulties with english.

In the meantime, be patient, on this site, the slow players rule!
05-April-2005 11:52
Osten; I know you don't mean to be agressive, but what we are telling you is that "normally" slow players do not play many games, when someone joins 100 games is because She/He connects very often, so that means She/he will never have all her turns outstanding. For example my self (and I am a slow player) I never have more than 15 turns to play when I connect and I am playing 28 games.

YO QUIERO BAILAR!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Malditos conductores de autob?s... mira que darme un golpe en el coche!!!!
OK, thanks for your replying all. I think I will raise my number of game, because I am very often connected winking smiley
06-April-2005 14:09
I have 242 games and i play it in a day because i play about 150 games per day. If I won't play the games i don't have it.

Yo tengo 242 juegos y juego a ellos cada día pero sólo juego sobre 150 al día. Si no pudiera jugar tantos no tendría tantos.

Eso a ver si me entiendo.
I am playing about 70 games and I enter to the web everyday... if I'm not able to play in a couple of days I advice the other players, but I try to play as soon as possible. So I think the problem are the new players that aren't used to play and open a few games and don't continue. Well, I don't mind what happen to them but I think in any case the solutions could be looking to this kind of players.

Sorry for my english, maybe I said a big stupid thing without knowing, xD

--

Juego en unas 70 partidas y entro a la web cada dia... si no puedo jugar en unos dias aviso a los otros jugadores, pero intento entrar lo antes posible. Creo que el problema son los nuevos jugadores que no estan acostumbrados y abren unos cuantos juegos y luego no continuan. Bueno, no me importa lo que les pase pero pienso que en todo caso las soluciones podrian estar enfocadas a este tipo de jugadores.

Perdonad mi ingles, seguramente dije una burrada sin saberlo, xD (casi seguro, pero ma o meno eso era) tongue sticking out smiley
06-April-2005 19:06
I think that the problem isn´t how much games do you have, the problem is if you are able to play frecuently. I dont´mind that someone play every three days, if he/she ends the game; but I use to create a lot of games, and the same people join to all then, they only wait until de first o second turn, they get bored and you never see then again.

A ver, el problema no es cuantos juegos tienes, porque somos muchos con muchos juegos y las llevamos al dia, el problema es lo frecuentemente que puedes jugar. tengo muchas partidas con gente que puede dos veces a la semana, y son geniales, pero por otro lado, yo suelo crear muchas partidas a las que se suele unir la misma gente, y algunos de ellos se aburren tras el segundo o tercer turno y no las vuelvo a ver. Asi que decir que se juegan 70 partidas son ficticias, porque realmente a la semana se mueven muchas menos.
I must agree with high volume players. They usually are very responsive, and games tends to be quick. In fact, they are connected very often, several times a day! If i could manage to play simultaneously well so many game, indeed i would

estoy de acuerdo con la gente que jeuga muchas partidas a la vez. Normalmente responden con agilidad, y las partidas tienen a ser razonables. De hecho, se conectar varias veces al día! Si supiera jugar bien tantas partidas a la vez, lo haría.
08-April-2005 02:58
Yup, 100 of games doesn't indicate responiveness. We need a way fo dealing with responsivness. Maybe a feature allowing us to indicate a certain responsiveness. The system already tracks the statistic. We should use it.

Or, as JadedKiwi suggetsed elsewhere....penalizing nonresponsive players. Games could auto-explode at 2 weeks...and the losing points (3 is the norm I beleive) would be taken from the nonresponder and split among the winners (every1 else). That would be a motivator!
08-April-2005 03:35
> Or, as JadedKiwi suggetsed elsewhere....penalizing
> nonresponsive players. Games could auto-explode
> at 2 weeks...and the losing points (3 is the norm
> I beleive) would be taken from the nonresponder
> and split among the winners (every1 else). That
> would be a motivator!

Asi se adultera la competicion, puede haber gente tramposa con dos cuentas y dejar explotar sus partidas. Siento responder en español pero mi ingles ha sido demostrado que es muy malo.
08-April-2005 16:00
Lo traduzco por ti, Klannad:

This is a transaltion of Klannad's post:

> Or, as JadedKiwi suggetsed elsewhere....penalizing
> nonresponsive players. Games could auto-explode
> at 2 weeks...and the losing points (3 is the norm
> I beleive) would be taken from the nonresponder
> and split among the winners (every1 else). That
> would be a motivator!

This would adulterate the competition. There could be cheaters with two accounts who would let their games explode. I'm sorry to post in Spanish, but it has been proven that my English is very poor.

End of translation
Ulin
11-April-2005 19:02
I must agree with those who said that the main problem is the frecuence of connection more than the number of games being played. I play about 80-90 games and I connect 3 or 4 times a day, so I barely play 10 or less games each time (except at night when more of them are accumulated) but I wouldn't play as much games if I can't connect so often... In fact, when I see that I can't play as many games as I wish because they aren't moving enough is when I join more games...

I agree with the fact that most of the games stopped are those which are played by many newbies who play two or some more turns and then they stop playing... or people who only play a couple of docens of games but they connect only once every week, or twice...

Sorry for any gramatical or spelling errors ^__^
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar