¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Instrucciones / Instructions

Enviado por DrX 
DrX
Re: Instrucciones / Instructions
13-October-2004 23:11
No, it wasn't that sad, faded snot-rag you so desperately cling to, no; it was your frankly disappointing linguistic taste. I have a little rehabilitation programme for desperate cases like yours. Fear not my poor misguided friend; there is hope of restoration yet for that crudely lobotomised brain of yours. So quieten your discombobulated monologue and bury your folly beyond sight or there shall be a reckoning.
13-October-2004 23:49
Que bonito es el amor. A esto le está haciendo falta ya un botón pa ir pabajo del to de un clickazo (que fino soy).

Achiles(X)
DrX
14-October-2004 16:57
Aha, indeed. Okay, my plan was to start pointing out translation problems in gamelogs and during games, but it will have to wait until this evening as I have a (bloody) meeting this afternoon. I'll say one thing though, 'beautify' is a word you would never use in that context (the Artist's action I mean). I have a feeling this is going to be one of those 'official translation' jobs, but what's wrong with 'decorate'? another possibility is 'embellish', that, albeit being low frequency, is not as rarely used as 'beautify' (Maybe I should talk to Bruno...).

And the (to build or) 'not to build' business is really stilted, mate. Should be 'do not build.' Similarly 'not to bewitch' should be 'do not bewitch'.

The gamelog is really a minefield so I'll work on it when I have a bit more time.
14-October-2004 17:04
I former use embeb, but I saw bautify in someplace (Bruno's site, i suposse)...
Yes, the gamelog is a hard job to translate. The system to do multilingüe the gamelog not allow accurate translations...

Achiles(X)
DrX
14-October-2004 17:54
Ah, don't sell yourself so cheap, I'm sure something can be worked out.

The Evil Meeting-Dodging DrX
14-October-2004 21:56
Mmm...
The evening has gone and i cant see any gamelog translation failure yet... (:

Achiles(X)
DrX
15-October-2004 13:22
Yep, sorry, Battlestar Galactica the miniseries was on and took precedence.

In the meantime I'll whet your appetite with this.

The mouseover text for the Quarry should probably read:

Allows you to build Districts with the same name as others you have previoulsy built.

Or the less wordy:

Allows you to build Districts equal to others you've already built.
15-October-2004 14:31
I not found the original text of the english extended cards. They are translations of my own intelect, so you'll find several bugs in them.

Is good the miniserie of Galactica?

Achiles(X)
15-October-2004 15:45
I'm downloading Galactica. for now I have 7 capters. winking smiley
DrX
15-October-2004 16:18
Gamelog

I'll use XX to refer to players names.

XX has joined the game (no need to say 'has joined 'to' the game')

XX *gets* the Crown

Building and *shuffling* the deck

Giving gold and cards to players (no need for 'the' before 'players)

*Choosing* characters phase

XX *chooses* *a* Character

XX takes 2 gold (not 'golds'. Gold refers to 'gold pieces')

XX *chooses* -Character- to assasinate

XX *draws* 4 cards using the Navigator

XX is revealed as the assassinated (or murdered) Character

XX *chooses* -character- to *rob* (if you use steal you should say 'steal from')

XX transfers (or gives better) the Crown to XX at the cost of n gold (or card/s)

The Thief *robs* them (not him or her, as there seem to be problems with gender identification) of n gold

XX *gets* 3 gold for sitting beside the Crown

Mouseover text for the Lab:

Once per turn you may discard a District card and get a gold piece in return.

(using the magician)

XX *discards* n cards (from *their* hand if you want but you don't need it as you can't discard cards from anywhere else) and draws n cards (from the deck, which again you don't need, as drawing you can only draw from the deck)

XX *exchanges* (being consistent with verb tenses) hands with XX using the Magician (not the Magier).

XX pays n *gold* *to* destroy (or 'and *destroyes*') a -district- of XX

At the top of a game page

-name of game-, *to* (not 'at') n Districts 1*st* (not *th*). If you want to avoid the whole ordinal palaver why don't you change it to 'Round n' instead of 'nth Round'?

More of these as I see them.
DrX
15-October-2004 16:23
The miniseries is 2 chapters, 2 hours each. We watched the first one yesterday and it's brilliant. It's set 40 years after the first Cylone War (the one during which the original series was set). The humans sort of won and there has been peace since. They are about to decomission Battlestar Galactica when...
DrX
15-October-2004 16:35
Por cierto (language hopping is fun!) si quieres mandarme el texto de todas las cartas de la ampliacion en bloque para que les eche un ojo, feel free.
15-October-2004 16:43
Sí, por que demonios estaré hablando en inglés? (:
A donde te lo mando? tienes el correo oculto...
(lo puedo mirar, pero es más elegante preguntártelo)

Achiles(X)
DrX
15-October-2004 16:55
Mouseover for the Architect:

Recieves 2 *additional* (not addicional).
15-October-2004 17:06
Errare humanum est (por lo que no entiendo por que me he equivocado...).
Lo raro es que juraría que el texto del arquitecto lo robé de amarriner...
En fin...

Achiles(X)
DrX
18-October-2004 12:52
Mouseover de COLOR (indicador de que un jugador ha conseguido color) deberia decir: This player has *colour* and *obtains* 3 *additional* points. Y el personaje robado... sigue siendo Stolen, instead of Stolen from or robbed. El asesinado es Assassinate en lugar de *Assassinated* or murdered (palabra que usa amarriner y que es mas corta).

Ya veo que has cambiado las demas cosas... como digo en la seccion de bugs el mouseover text del Quarry no aparece, y el de la Dragongate tampoco. Puede que cuando modifique los textos cometiera algun error y estropease el codigo?
18-October-2004 13:55
Sí, el del dragon gate es muy sensible, no estoy seguro de por que...
Yo lo corrijo.

Achiles(X)
DrX
18-October-2004 14:16
Gamelog using the Wizard

XX build a -district- of XX using the Sorcery

Should be *using Sorcery* (but if the wizard is a wizard he should use *wizardry*)

or using *the Wizard*
18-October-2004 14:26
Ya, pero me gusta más Socery (que es lo que debería ser).
Pondré using Sorcery.

Achiles(X)
DrX
18-October-2004 14:29
Estoy impresionado de lo rapido que has cambiado todo. Bien hecho, eres un campeon!
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar