¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Something to think about... (long)

Enviado por Matt 
Matt
Something to think about... (long)
25-December-2005 15:32
Since this is the suggestions forum, Ill share a few ideas. I dont wanna force them on you, but maybe you might like some.

- Place the face-open cards first, then the face down. If you do it opposite and the king turns to be the face up card, everyone knows that the king cannot be the face down card.

- Allow the use of character powers ANYTIME in their round. This is actually what the rules say: "You may use your character's power once at any point during your turn". No point in limiting some characters.

- Please add the 2 & 3 player rules where you control two characters each. Is this maybe a problem? Four open cards with 3 players is really too much. Also, if the assassin is always face up, you do more harm to the game than good.

- Use the queen with 7 or 8 players only but increase her power to 4 extra gold. With so many players it¡¦s very hard to judge where the king/crown will be. With less players, there are too many face up cards. When you link her to the crown instead of to the king, the queen isnt useless when the king is face down. The crown is also more visible than the king card.

- You might wanna let the architect build two cards instead of three. In shorter games, his power becomes too dominant.

- Have the condottiere take the destroyed district into his hand, instead of placing the card underneath the district deck. This way the condottiere receives something for himself. The rules dont mention anything where the card must go, so this is a valid interpretation. If there could be only one change, this is the one Id take!
Dont include all these cards together: two keeps, graveyard, and great wall. They limit the condottiere too much. Include no more than two of these, if any.

- I dont know how you handle the purple cards, but it seems they are ALL included. Please don¡¦t place more than 14 purple cards in a deck. Twelve is ideal.

- You might wanna redistribute the number of cards. For ex, adding more 1 point cards increases the potential of the condottiere. Adding yellow cards will have the king/crown shift more often. Dropping a few green cards will make the merchant a bit less dominant. Etc...
I found out that this is a better redistribution of cards (gp = gold piece):

12 BLUE districts
3 x 1gp Shrine
3 x 2gp Church
2 x 3gp Monastery
2 x 4gp Temple
2 x 5gp Cathedral

12 RED districts
3 x 1gp Watchtower
3 x 2gp Prison
2 x 3gp Battlefield
2 x 4gp Barracks
2 x 5gp Fortress

12 YELLOW districts
4 x 2gp Hunting Field
4 x 3gp Mansion
2 x 4gp Castle
2 x 5gp Palace

18 GREEN districts
3 x 1gp Tavern
3 x 1gp Shop
4 x 2gp Market
4 x 3gp Docks
2 x 4gp Harbour
2 x 5gp Town Hall

-> In total, two thirds of the cards are 1-3gp and one third are 4-6gp. Perfect imo.

12 PURPLE districts
My preference: university, dragon gate, throne room, hospital, school of magic, library, observatory, smithy, laboratory, museum, armory, haunted city.

- School of Magic: You could simplify the rule to :
"Each round, this card takes a colour of your choice."

Thus making the Haunted City obsolete. You can then add another card, for ex one keep (tho I never found this card useful), a great wall but at the cost of only 3gp so the condottiere still has a chance to destroy it, or a 3gp Poorhouse... If you do add the haunted city, 3gp gives it more chance of survival. The doesnt grant a benefit when it's built in the final round¡¨ is a useless complication.

- Library: I dont think this card is worth 6gp. The other 6gp cards are all more useful. Instead, 5gp seems better. The Observatory could then cost 4gp instead of 5gp.

- Smithy: 3 cards for 3gp makes this card more useful than the more expensive Library! Simply rule ¡§Once per round, you may pay one gold to receive one district card. Just the opposite of the Lab.

Have fun!
Matt
Re: Something to think about... (long)
25-December-2005 15:43
Quote:
- Please add the 2 & 3 player rules where you control two characters each. Is this maybe a problem? Four open cards with 3 players is really too much. Also, if the assassin is always face up, you do more harm to the game than good.

-> I meant three face up cards, not four. My point remaons the same: three open cards is too much.
Matt
25-December-2005 19:51
And another thing (where's the edit function??), the yellow districts should be divided into groups of three, like this:

12 YELLOW districts
3 x 2gp Hunting Field
3 x 3gp Mansion
3 x 4gp Castle
3 x 5gp Palace
25-December-2005 22:28
First of all, the edit function i think that only appear if you register an login into the forum (it use different accounts than the web).

>>- Place the face-open cards first, then the face down. If you do it opposite and
>> the king turns to be the face up card, everyone knows that the king cannot be the >> face down card.

I dont understand you. The king cannot be placed face-up. It is a rule.
I dont mind put the face up before of after the frace down. I dont mind change the order, but i dont why you want it.

>> - I dont know how you handle the purple cards, but it seems they are ALL included. >>Please don¡¦t place more than 14 purple cards in a deck. Twelve is ideal.

Recently i have changed the system i use to handle the purple districts. The new system is a goog one, i think so. You can see it in the follow thread:

[ciudadelas.frenopatico.net]

For the other suggestions, sorry but i cannot please you. When i make the web site, i had to implement the rules, based in 2 or three rules of different countries, plus the suggestions of Bruno in his forum. Some rules was decided by polls.
Now the rules are stablished, more or less effectives, but the are the most similar than the "official" rules as is possible. I dont want to make the game as different as you want. The game could by much more different as it us now (i would like to change somre rules that dont like me or dont seems fair to me), but wont change anything more, if i can avoid it.
I dont think neither than the 450 people that usually plays daily in this site would like the rules change so much.

However, my experience (at LOT of games in this and the other site) tell me that the rules arent so unbalanced as they seems to be.

Achiles(X)
Matt
26-December-2005 16:34
Of course you may do as you please, it's after all your site. ;-)

But if you want to stick to the original, why have you left out the 2-3 player rules? Playing with only 2 people would be very handy on this site because then you dont have to wait for weeks to finish one game; you could play instantly.
The adapted 3 player rules are almost unplayable: too many characters are out of play and there's no assassin available to control the other chars (a vital aprt of the game!).

I havent seen those polls you talk about, sorry. Maybe I should start a poll then and ask people if they would like to see a certain change or not.

With the face up/down cards I mean: use them as normal, except place the face up cards FIRST, THEN the face down. If you first place a face down card and then the face up cards, and the king turns out to be face up, you of course replace the king. But by now, everyone knows the face down card CANNOT be the king! This has some consequences for the assassin, thief, queen...
benwa
27-December-2005 00:33
I suppose it's not so easy to implement two and three players rules on the same site, as those rules are quite different from the standard rules... And i think it must be a lot of work also...

I'm sure that if you can develop an implementable system (which suppose some programming abilities), Achiles would be glad to propose other rules for the 2/3 players games... but well...

I back-up Achiles for what concerns the general rules of the game :

For instance

- the condottiere is enough powerfull as it is now... giving his the destroyed card would make him way too powerfull.

- The original proportions of cards is respected on this site (17 green/12 yellow/12 blue/12 red/12 or 13 purple). There are two complete balanced deks for each game.

Other variants may have some interest, but well... variants...
27-December-2005 01:17
Right, the rules to adapt 2 and 3 player games are too difficult to implement. The Amarriner site dont implement it and when i tried to do it, i prefer not to do either.
The two players are also very unbalanced to the ranking system. I like the Amnarriner system of the 3 player games, so this site do the same that him.

Matt, i now understand you (i hope so). I will show first the face down, then the face up. But the shuffle is instantaneously, the players cannot see if the king was appear face down and reshuffle or not. So, i think there will not be a great difference...

Achiles(X)
27-December-2005 02:05
hijos de la gran bretaña!!! grinning smiley
que alguien traduzca,el español es tan universal como el inglis pitinglis

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley El novio molesta pero no impide grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley
Haz click y gana mil euros -> [www.albinoblacksheep.com]
27-December-2005 02:16
Uff, es mu largo...
Matt ha propuesto una serie largaaa de cambios al juego, de los cuales casi ninguno de ellos puedo atender...

Achiles(X)
27-December-2005 02:37
pues dile nanai y abreviamos smiling smiley

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley El novio molesta pero no impide grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley
Haz click y gana mil euros -> [www.albinoblacksheep.com]
27-December-2005 15:59
Achiles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Uff, es mu largo...
> Matt ha propuesto una serie largaaa de cambios al
> juego, de los cuales casi ninguno de ellos puedo
> atender...
>
> Achiles(X)

:-D Me disculpo.

Son solamente ideas.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar