¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

2 & 3 players

Enviado por Matt 
2 & 3 players
26-December-2005 18:28
I asked this before and didnt get a clear answer, so Ill start a thread about it. If there was a poll about this, I didnt find it.

2 PLAYERS
Why cant we play with two, controlling two characters each? This would be very handy for online gmaes because then we dont have to wait for a bunch of people.

-> If you want the paper rules for two players (2 chars each), answer "2 YES".
-> If you dont want them post "2 NO".

3 PLAYERS
I really dont like the three player rules here and I dont see why they are changed. Too many characters are out of play and there's no assassin to control the other chars (a vital part of the game!).

-> If you want the original paper rules for three, where each player controls two characters and the assassin is treated normally, post "3 YES".
-> If you prefer the current three player rules, post "3 NO".

Editado 3 vez/veces. Última edición el 27/12/2005 19:20 por Matt.
Re: 2 & 3 players
26-December-2005 22:36
"2 I DON´T" KNOW BECAUSE I NEVER PLAY WITH TWO CHARACTERS

"3 NO"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley El novio molesta pero no impide grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley
Haz click y gana mil euros -> [www.albinoblacksheep.com]
26-December-2005 22:45
2 NO
3 NO

YO QUIERO BAILAR!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Malditos conductores de autob?s... mira que darme un golpe en el coche!!!!
benwa
27-December-2005 00:44
YES
YES

When I play a non-virtual game (not on the net, in the real world) i also use those rules for 2/3 players games (2 characters per player)... it's way more funny and interesting indeed !

I would also be pleased to see a system supporting those rules available...

but, i don't know why, it seems quite difficult to implement... who will make the work?

27-December-2005 01:35
I am interested about the opinion of the players about this subject. It never has been discuss in this forum, and i suspect that few people known about this rules.
But i advice that i have very low will of implement that rules, due to they are in my opinion very unfair and conceptually erroneus. Also, they are too difficult to implement because the mode i have design the code.
Futhermore, the two player games are fully agains the actual ranking system.

Achiles(X)
27-December-2005 02:47
Are there bribes?
27-December-2005 15:14
Talban Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there bribes?

Yes. If the paper rules for 2 & 3 players become available, Ill let you kill or rob me in the first round of our first game with these rules. :-p

My vote:

2 YES

3 YES
27-December-2005 15:31
Achiles Wrote:
> I am interested about the opinion of the players
> about this subject. It never has been discuss in
> this forum, and i suspect that few people known
> about this rules.
> But i advice that i have very low will of
> implement that rules, due to they are in my
> opinion very unfair and conceptually erroneus.
> Also, they are too difficult to implement because
> the mode i have design the code.
> Futhermore, the two player games are fully agains
> the actual ranking system.
>
> Achiles(X)

If two chars per player are difficult to implement, Ill understand. But if you left them out out of personal preference, maybe you should vote for them, like you did with the other changes. The people who vote NO, Id like to ask what part they like with the current 3 player rules and why they'd forbid 2 player games. maybe they've never played with 2-3 people. Or did not play correctly.

As for the ranking system, I play for fun, I dont care about my ranking. I dont even know my rank. I suppose the fun element is more important for many than their rank. If not, there should be a means of adapting it, or not? Id even play with two with no ranking!

Id like to know what part you find erroneous in 2-3 player rules. With 2-3 the game becomes much more tactical, quick and thus fun.

With two, the warlord (by many claimed to be "too weak") gains considerable power because points lost to your opponent go straight to you.

With three, I suppose you find the assassin too powerful because if you pick him first, you know which two characters are chosen. This doesnt make him too powerful because:

a) You still dont know which player chose which char.
b) The assassin may not be available because he's face down or already chosen. You'll have to take the crown in the previous round to be able to choose first. Since there will never be more than two people before you, the crown position isnt so important as with larger groups.
c) Like always, there might be more interesting chars for you this round (if you need cards or money, the assassin wont help you).
d) Killing one char still leaves that player to play his 2nd char so you only loose half your turn.
d) Nothing prohibids you from adding the witch instead.

Like said, leaving the assassin always face up turns this game into a brainless card race. And more than half the characters are out of play (3 face up + 2 face down), doing further harm to the game. Just my opinion.

Editado 4 vez/veces. Última edición el 27/12/2005 19:12 por Matt.
27-December-2005 15:37
ssssssshhiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuu......
ssssssshhiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

(el silencio es roto por el pasar del viento)
27-December-2005 16:00
se te ha olvidao el matojo rodando)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley El novio molesta pero no impide grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley
Euges
27-December-2005 18:34

2. YES
3. YES

All that Matt say... is always good !!!
I love u Matt
winking smiley
27-December-2005 19:08
Euges Wrote:
> > 2. YES
> 3. YES
>
> All that Matt say... is always good !!!
> I love u Matt
>

Errrm... Im flattered (adulado). We should thank Achiles for making this site possible. Im just posting some ideas to hopefully improve this project. ;-)

Anyway, Id love to play with two (and three) the way it's in the paper rules.

Editado 1 vez/veces. Última edición el 27/12/2005 19:16 por Matt.
27-December-2005 19:18
siempre ser bueno escuchar ideas nuevas,bastante trabajo para achiles,pero selecciona bien las sugerencias (hacer falta jamón para él escuche mejor) tongue sticking out smiley

27-December-2005 22:12
If Kynes was here I would vote agains him. But he is not, so...

NO
NO

Always against grinning smiley
28-December-2005 03:53
The rules cause that a player handle more than one character at the same time. This is a black hole, a path in the design of the game, not only the programing code of the game, but the logic of the card game itself, at least as i see that logic. I see this as a aberration. It must seems funny or interesting, but i think that is complety erroneus.
But the problem is not my opinion. The problem is that i take long time ago this decision, when i was built the logic of the programming code. Now implement the 2 or 3 player games implies to rewrite the entire game from begin to end. This is something that i cant afford now. I have too thigs to do each day. I have a work at full time, a forum with too much activity, a web site to maintain (a few bugs walk around yet...) and another project with a lot of months to be finished. I sleep around 6 hours each day, and more than 12 hours with my head in front of the monitor (blessed TFT low radiation monitor...)
I dont plan to leave of maintain this site, but cannot afford a change like this...

Achiles(X)
28-December-2005 04:24
Achi, muchas gracias por todas esas horas que le dedicas a esta página.
;-)

YO QUIERO BAILAR!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Malditos conductores de autob?s... mira que darme un golpe en el coche!!!!
josezzz
04-January-2006 00:21
YES
BOTH (option to choose the play)

ole yo... lo poco q entro en el foro y la q monto...
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar