Avanzado

too many purple districts

Enviado por Lamar 
too many purple districts
12-September-2005 19:29
sorry i dont speak spanich. (im french)

the official rule for the news disctits:
--
twelve new purple districts. These are not intended to be added to the deck, but to replace some of the usual districts, so as to make every game a bit different.
--

Re: too many purple districts
13-September-2005 02:36
I know, i know, is a long story. You can read some in rules forum section.

Achiles(X)
Benwa
28-September-2005 17:11
I'm still unsatisfied with the way the new cards are implemented... way too much purple districts, this leads to strange card draws sometimes, and changes the game strategy quite a bit... The equilibrium was so that the green districts had to be more frequent, now its not the case anymore... well, it's still fun to play, but i'm not sure I prefer the game with all those excedentary purple districts...

An eventual solution could be to rebalance the game proportions by adding supplementary district cards in the other colors (a kind of dubble deck)... but then again, if the deck is not mixed evenly, this could lead to strange card draws (but, on the other hand, it would also be a solution for the 11 and 12 district games).

Any other ideas...?

28-September-2005 17:45
I propose this before (more color districts to balance) but nobody seeems to like the idea...

Achiles(X)
Rafa
29-September-2005 12:47
Benwa
30-September-2005 12:21
well, doubling all the other cards seems to be a good solution... i'm not the only one who finds this purple haze annoying in my cards... i remember a day when it was a joy to discover a purple card... i knew I had a treasure im my hands... now, well, the purple districts are soooo common...

could we try and then go back if it poses problems ?
Rafa
30-September-2005 14:08
yes,put 10 more imperial treasure and you know what is good jeje
30-September-2005 16:12
Add two sets of color cards is easy to implement and easy to roll back. But i' not sure if increase the deck is a good idea...
I dont see any inconveniences and it isnt go much against the official rules...
Somebody have a word against this idea?

Achiles(X)
05-October-2005 22:39
when bruno add purples districts in the second edition he added more red yelow green and blue districts. If you want to play whith all the purple district of the third edition or you sawp like bruno or you add again red yelow green and blue districts.

But honestly the new caracters and the news districs are not very interesting...

an option to have the initial game without all this things, will be the best solution
05-October-2005 23:05
I'll prefer the solutio to add more red,green,yellow and blue districts, because if could be selected to play or not with extended cards, the games woulb be different. And i want all players play the games with the same conditions (except me, of course).

Achiles(X)
Benwa
07-October-2005 17:00
The only drawback is see is that, if the big (double) deck is mixed very unevenly, it would be possible that a color would not show (or very scarcely) in the deck before a very long time...unbalancing the game.

Maybe, in order to prevent this problem, you could implement a card mixing system (a littel program or routine) like thisone :

1) all the purple districts are grouped and mixed, then divided in 2 decks (13 + 12 purple cards).

2) 1 of the purple decks is mixed with 1 normal deck (21 green, 12 yellow, 12 blue, 12 red)

3) the second purple deck is mixed with another normal deck

4) the second deck made in step (3) is put uner the first deck made in step (2)

5) the game can begin.

So, we would come back to the original equilibrium : the purple cards are all in the deck... though it is probable that some purple cards won't show as the deck will not run empty... but this is not a problem.

07-October-2005 18:00
The system you propose is a good one. But i assure you that the mix are a very random one.
I dont mind one or other system, both are fair.
May be past the holiday week of my town ("feria"), i'll implement it.

Achiles(X)
Benwa
07-October-2005 18:25
I don't doubt it is random... and that could precisely be the problem if you implement a double deck. Random doesn't mean evenly mixed.

So, if you just double all the cards, the deck would have 139 cards. Imagine that, with a random mix, nearly all the yellow cards are in the second part of the deck, then the game would be very weird and bizarre...

The system I propose would be based on random mixes too... but with smaller decks in order to avoid the situation described above...

1) Random mix of the 25 purple districts.

2) Split the mixed 25 purple cards in 13 + 12 (or 12 + 13 if you prefer... or just supress this silly "Powderhouse", so it is 12 + 12).

3) Random mix of a single deck (57 cards) + the 13 purple cards ---> this is the deck A (70 cards)

4) Random mix of a second single deck + the remaining purple cards ---> This is the deck B (69 cards)

5) Starting game with Deck A, and if Deck A runs empty, add Deck B.

The two decks are ranndomly mixed, but there is the same amount of all types of districts in the two decks so the game remains balanced, and we come back to the original proportions (21, 12, 12, 12, 12/13)

And so, we would again be happy when we have a Purple District in our hands !

07-October-2005 21:06
The system is the same that in your last post, isnt it?

Achiles(X)
Benwa
10-October-2005 17:50
Yes yes... i just wanted to point that this mixing system was random... it's just a bit more controlled randomness...
11-November-2005 02:40
Done. The new games from now will be use the new mixed decks. I tested it and the results are satisfactory. Hope it works fine...

Achiles(X)
benwa
14-November-2005 10:27
cooool cooool coooool !!!!!

Thanks a lot !!!!
benwa
Lighthouse ?
15-November-2005 13:18
Just a question concerning the lighthouse with this new system which I allready love. Will the double deck be displayed when you build the lighthouse (isn't it problematic?), or only the half deck in play ?

Thanx again for this coool solution !

15-November-2005 15:49
The entire deck will be shown, but in order (so it is no need to shuffle after the chosen card).

Achiles(X)
Benwa
18-November-2005 13:38
I started a series of games called "Double-Decker" after you announced that your new system had been implemented.

However, I dont think your system functions now.

In the game :

[ciudadelas.frenopatico.net]

I just played the lighthouse, and it's still the old (simple) deck that I have to browse.

Can you check it please ?
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar