¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Cambio en el sistema de clasificación / change in the ranking system

Enviado por Achiles 
Cambio en el sistema de clasificación / change in the ranking system
28-June-2004 14:38
El sistema de clasificación ha cambiado, para más detalles, mirar las reglas caseras.

The ranking system has changed. To more details, look at House Rules.

Achiles(X)
Hola ! (perdona mi espanol... winking smiley )

Achiles : poderia decir que el sistema de clasification era developado en la lista citadelles@yahoogroupes.fr ?

Muchas gracias,

Vincent/Askalab
Re: Cambio en el sistema de clasificación / change in the ranking system
07-July-2004 20:25
Como dice Askalab, el sistema de puntuación que he implementado está desarrollado por él y por su grupo, que están haciendo un sitio de ciudadelas en francés. Los podeis encontrar en citadelles@yahoogroupes.fr . (de hecho, os menciono en la sección de Agradecimientos). Por cierto, que funciona muy bien el sistema, y eso que uso el que decís que es el viejo, tendré que hacerle un estudio más profundo a vuestro nuevo sistema, así como al de torneos...

As Askalab says, the ranking system that i have implemented are developed by him and his people. They are working in a site of citadels in french. You can reach them in citadelles@yahoogroupes.fr . (I mentioned you in the Thanks section). The ranking system are working fine, i like it a lot. I used the old one, i would do a more deep study at your new system, same for the tournament one...

Achiles(X)
Askalab, I don´t found the group. When I put citadelles@yahoogroupes.fr in yahoo, only appear two groups (touaregs@yahoogroupes.fr and Serpent_Rouge@yahoogroupes.fr) perhaps I had do any bad. Exist any URL?. Thanks a sorry for the inconvenience. : ) .
The corect adress is:ivy flower 37.com

[fr.groups.yahoo.com]

Welcome to everybody!

The group (lets say Askalab, in fact...) has developed 2 ranking systems.

The one used by Achiles is the old one (simplest), but there is also a more sophisticated version. The excel sheets are in the "files" section on the group.

Editado 1 vez/veces. Última edición el 26/01/2005 20:19 por (n/a).
thanks Benwa, my french lore is very, very little and see all the e-mails in frech... ufff. The better is post here or in irc for write in english (or spanish if you prefer : P ). We use the server of IRC-Hispano, if you want we can make a channel.
Hi ! smiling smiley

First : thanks to Benwa for his precisions ! :-)

Achiles : I really think the newest ranking system is better than the one you use.

In the newest, a player begin with 0 point. And he can't be best-ranked than an older player ! For exemple, in the system you use, I could (if I were a bit "tonto" winking smiley ) create a new login in order to have 100 points !

What do you (all) think about that ? smiling smiley

Askalab

As we have seen before, Achiles could install the two ranking systems in parallel, and after a time, we could decide which is better.

On the yahoo group, the vast majority preferred the new system.

I must say that i like the simplicity of the old one (used on Achilles' site)... but it's true there are some imperfections, like the fact that a beginner begins at 100.

The new system is clearly better in term of ranking representativeness, the only problem is that it is a bit complicated (but well, not so complicated).

So, I would vote for a large scale comparison of the two systems (because the testing phase in the group was relatively limited, only a few dozens of games...)

Now, we must see if Achiles is motivated enough ;-)

Benoît.
30-July-2004 20:54
Mmm...
I like it to much the old one at simple saw, that i didnt give to the new another chance... Without a study, I cant predice how difficult to implement it would be now...
But, due to the fact no game has been destroyed yet, we still have a chance to implement it and recalculate all points (people get very angry if it cause a lot of changes in clasification). I suposse that the actual clasification list dont change very much...
Ok, the next week, if i do not work in the morning, I'll try to valorate to implement your new system and, i think too, the two systems would be working simultaneusly (I hope so)

Dont worry, i'll work all necessary to develop a ranking system where my name appears in the top of the list (;

Achiles(X)
Tha's a good news! I'm sure Askalab will be very happy, cause he's very proud of his new ranking system i think.

Another point would be, in the case the old ranking system must be kept, that the players wouldn't apear in the clasment before having finished at least a certain number of games (10 for example). So it would be less frustrating for frequent players than seeing little newbies beating their score after only one game...
YEEEEEAAAAAAH !

That's a very good idea ! :-)

Yes, you can say it, Benwa : I'm very proud of my new rankin system. Maybe it could be perfected, but it seems to me no.

If you'd like somme help in developping, Achiles, I remind you that I'm e developper ;-)

See you,

Askalab
02-August-2004 14:20
Your system confuses me. The points shared between the winner group and the loser group are not the same. If 8 people with 0 points play a game, the winner get 14 points and the loosers loose 1 points. playing the same game with the same winner, but all people have 5 points before the game, the winner gets 18 points and the loosers loose 1 point again. with all 50, th winner gets 49 and the loosers 1 point again. It's not seems to me very fair...
If the former game, wiins (tie) 7 people and loose 1, the winners gets 7 points each one. and the looser -1 again!! this is win points of the void.
Honestly, your system are not very fair. I think that if people loose, other people must win... Ig someone gets a lot of points, in another place a guy must have loosing it...
The old system like me more than the new one. Or maybe the excel sheet is not working fine... (i are testing the calcul sheet)

Achiles(X)
Your preference is (in my opinion) a good one only if the number of players is allways the same.

In order to make my new ranking system clearer, I'm translanting it and inserting more explanations in it.

Askalab
all right, I sent a clearer version of my ranking system in my maling list citadelles@yahoogroupes.fr
I think the system ranking is very good. All of we knew, the best player is Ilandrea, and the system shows that.
There's no doubt about that... ;-)
03-August-2004 12:58
Your system is a lot strange, but in general, i like it. But i dont like how work in games with players with similar points. The winner wins a lot and the loosers loose only 1 point. I'm not sure why...
Obviusly, this ranking system is a lot of better than the other one. But I dont sure if is right begin with 0 points. A later player has almost no chances to reach the top. And if 0 is the minimum... there are a lot of worst players, instead of only one (me (: )
Implement this ranking system will cost me a lot of brain pain, but i'll try it to test... but I insist that i dont like that the winner gain a lot of points and all the loosers loose less than the half of this points (between all the loosers)...

Achiles(X)
03-August-2004 13:49
Sure that the malus are the BaseWiningPoint / 4 ??
The excel sheet dont seems to work so...
And in where step are applied the ratios?

Achiles(X)
I will verify it... :-)

(There are 2 worst players... winking smiley )
Obviously, the best ranking system in the world is the one used in chess tournaments (ELO system) : it has all the qualities and no default at all.

Do you know how it works ?

NimofB.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar