¡Bienvenido! Conectarse Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Cambio en el sistema de clasificación / change in the ranking system

Enviado por Achiles 
Re: Cambio en el sistema de clasificación / change in the ranking system
22-August-2004 15:12
I dont know how it works entirely, but the actual system (askalabs' old system) is partially similar (i think so...). At least the general idea is similar...

Achiles(X)
The only problem I see with the new system, is that it assumes that new players are worse than the old ones. Whereas the first one from Askalab, as in chess and many other tournament ranking systems, makes them average. If they aren't average players, they'll soon sink in the clasification, and that's how it should be.

If you score lower than the new players is becouse you are not an average player, but a bad one. (No ofenses, this kind of ranking systems are made to intend that).

I don't have the details of the new one, but this type of ranking systems should make the players start with an average number of points, and not at the bottom of the clasification, if the new one can be adapted to this then I'll think it might be a better one.

I totally agree with Kynes.
27-August-2004 02:03
But with the new system, the new people goes to the bottom of the classification (0 points)...

Achiles(X)
Yes... Personnaly, I prefer that new players have to gain their rank. In my opinion, a newbie is obviously "bad" and have to play. You have to prove your rank. According to that, my new system able the newbie to be quickly well ranked if they win some games.

Askalab
Why a new player is a bad one?

As in trials, you are innocent until proben guilty.

I can't see the problem with new players begining with an average number of points. If (s)he is a bad player, (s)he will go down inevitably; on the contrary if (s)he is a good one (s)he'll go up very fast.

This kind of systems have proben to be very fair for everyone and are used worldwide, for example in Chess or VEKN ( Vampire CCG Tournaments Ligue ).

But of course, Achiles has the last word (and I'm suspicious that if the new one puts him over Ilandrea, we'll have it setup faster than you can say Quidditch winking smiley

I suggest to run the two classment systems in parallel for a while, and to choose in function of the results...

I personally don't appreciate that new players start with more points than older players before having even played one game. In fact, if it stays so, it would be more interesting to play with newbies than with confirmed (but maybe unlucky) players, because the games would bring more points...

BTW, another problem in this classement system is that it is not linked with tournaments (as it is the case with the ELO system). For example, I never played with you, Kynes... so, despite my classment is under 100, i cant see how you can affirm that I am a bad player and you a good player... maybe your usual opponents are bad players... and my usual opponents play better...
I totaly agree with Benwa...

But, in order to test, that, I can test the new system "manualy" !

Achiles : could you send me the listing of the games played ! I will do a simulation on Excel with my new ranking system ! :-)

What about that ?

(I need the games and players associated to these games, and -of course- the winner(s) of the games... and the dates of games. If you able me to log in your MySQL DataBase, I can do it myself... and change my rank to be the first winking smiley )
27-August-2004 20:27
I cannot let you in the database for security reasons (the database isnt olny mine...)
I can send you a list, a cannot destroy the ended games for the same reason, to recreate the rankings with a posible new ranking system.
How format do you want the information (to the script, you cant do it at hand, you will die by age...)

Achiles(X)
If you can, just give me an Excel copy of your Database... smiling smiley
Sorry... I was using the session of RoKeN... on my computer ! -_-
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar