Avanzado

idea for unfinished games

Enviado por foodgeek 
idea for unfinished games
08-April-2005 00:34
Re: New ranking system (?)
Posted by: JadedKiwi (203.97.27.---)
Date: April 7, 2005 10:21PM

Personally I think the ranking system is alright as is, I don't think any system is perfect but as long as it is consistant then everbody will just get used to it.

One thing I would like to see is a penalty for not finishing a game. This would stop the people who decided not to finish a game so they wont loose points. I know sometimes it can't be helped but thats the risk you take if you join a lot of games.
What I am thinking is that the person whos turn it is when a game expires loses 0.5 points to each other person in the game.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Re: New ranking system (?)
Posted by: foodgeek (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 7, 2005 10:33PM

Kiwi, that is an AWESOME idea! I might even stop deleting week old games if this was enacted. 2 weeks would be my suggestion for game expiration. But, the person should get charged for losing the game....3 points....destributed between the winners (every1 else).

I'm reposting this seperately.
RoKeN
Re: idea for unfinished games
08-April-2005 01:13
1 point ! Why won't the "unfinisher" give 1 point to each of its opponent ?
09-April-2005 15:45
if a person don´t play, obviously, doesn´t mind to lose points, so I think it isn´t a solution for make them finish the game; the fact is that anyone can´t force to another to finish the game.
It´s a pity to have some games stopped but in my opinion, to reward the others players for play, is an absolute adulteration of the ranking system.
11-April-2005 07:28
Quite frankly I don't care if the other players get points or not, was just an option but I do think we would have way less exploded/unfinished games if the exploder or person who stopped playing was penalised.
Its to easy at the moment for people to just not finish or explode the games they are going to lose and only finish the ones they win
11-April-2005 12:03
I think that could actually work. If the person who stops playing gets penalised but the others do not get any points it would be a reasonable system.
Sanjuro
11-April-2005 12:55
Hi friends,

It's a bit of a problem if we use rankig as punishment, but there's another way... I'm taking much inspiration from DoW web site, as they have been confronted with all the problem we discuss here multiple times... As they have thousands of games daily.

To address the problem of people quitting games when it turns against them, they have created a karma system. You start with 50 karma. When you complete a game, you gain karma, when you quit, you lose... the game creator can specify a minimum karma requirement at game creation, that's a way to say "no quitters".

I must the final solution has been foud when they included a capability for robots to take over quitters' role...
11-April-2005 14:31
I think Sanjuro's idea is not bad, but no body can stop the "quitters" from getting a new account with the 50 karma points.
11-April-2005 14:48
You are right bita, but usually 'quitters' do it becouse they don't want to lose points, so creating a new account they would have to start again.

----
Loise: No pasa nada Superman. No es culpa tuya. El sistema funciona así, no puedes hacerte cargo de los problemas de todos.
Superman: Podría hacerme cargo de los problemas de todos si gobernara este país. Y a decir verdad, no hay ninguna buena razón por la que no debiera hacerlo.
Superman Red Son

Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar